23 October 2017

Edinburgh with Kate

Two years ago I went on a tour of Italy, and the tour group consisted of 35 Americans... and me! At first this felt a little strange, especially when the tour manager made a big deal out of having me introduce myself to the group, but everyone really took me under their wing, and one of those I became particularly friendly with was Kate. We have kept in touch through Facebook since then, and we have so much in common, so, when she was coming on a tour of Scotland we just had to arrange to meet up!
It's always difficult to choose what parts of Edinburgh to show to a visitor, but luckily Kate and I like the same sort of things so I took her to all my favourite spots!
We spent an afternoon looking around some of the Old Town, had a look at some of my favourite streets Ramsay Garden and Victoria Street, saw Greyfriars Bobby, and went up to the museum roof terrace to look at the views. 
Then we spent a whole day walking from Kate's hotel on the Royal Mile, along Princes Street and down to Dean Village, lunch at the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, along the Water of Leith, and back via Stockbridge and Circus Lane.
It was wonderful spending time with Kate, and I thoroughly enjoyed showing her some of the sights of Edinburgh. And being with someone who hasn't visited Edinburgh before helped me to see it with new eyes and spot details that I hadn't seen before!


 

1 comment:

jujupage1 said...

I love Edinburgh too! I haven't been in a while and reading this just makes me want to go back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...